Ideas For A Healthy Breakfast
🤷♀️ Why is a healthy breakfast important?
In addition to providing the energy you need to focus and function throughout the day, a healthy breakfast is important to ensure your body is getting the essential nutrients it needs for optimal health and wellbeing.
These essential nutrients can be grouped into two categories:
- Macronutrients: protein, carbohydrates, fats and fatty acids
- Micronutrients: vitamins and minerals
Because the body can't produce these compounds or can't produce them in sufficient quantities, micronutrients and macronutrients must come from our food.
According to the World Health Organization, these nutrients are vital for disease prevention, growth, reproduction and good health, and by consuming a healthy breakfast every day, you’re more likely to meet your recommended daily intake of these essential nutrients.
🥑 What are the best healthy breakfast foods?
The secret to a healthy breakfast recipe is knowing the best healthy breakfast foods to combine to craft a well balanced, nutrient-dense breakfast.
Here are the healthy breakfast foods you can use as the building blocks for a well-balanced breakfast:
- For protein: Nuts, seeds, plant-based or vegan protein, eggs
- For healthy fats: Nuts, seeds, coconut, eggs, avocado
- For carbohydrates: Oats, fruits, vegetables
- For fibre: Fruit, vegetables, oats, nuts, seeds
- For vitamins and minerals: Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, superfoods
For an easy healthy breakfast, Craft Breakfast delivers a nutritionally-designed blend of the best healthy breakfast foods so you can be confident that you're getting the nutrients you need for a healthy breakfast on the go.
⚖️ What is the best healthy breakfast for weight loss?
Enhancing your daily nutrient intake with a healthy breakfast is an easy way to support successful weight loss journey. Opting for wholefood ingredients and eliminating refined sugars and trans fats is a good rule of thumb for selecting a healthy breakfast for weight loss.
Some of the best plant-based options for a healthy breakfast for weight loss include:
- Superfood smoothies for a high fibre, low calorie healthy breakfast for weight loss
- Keto smoothies for a low carb, plant-based Keto breakfast option
- Bircher muesli for an easy healthy breakfast that you can prep the night before
- Superfood porridge for a balanced, nutrient-dense substitute for smoothies during the cooler months
- Keto porridge or bircher for a grain free, low carb winter breakfast
- Vegan banana pancakes for a flourless weekend treat
Making a healthy breakfast at home gives you the flexibility to alter the calorie count of your breakfast and experiment with different ingredients to understand what your body responds best to.
If you're following a calorie-controlled diet, smoothies are often recommended for breakfast as they serve as a low calorie meal option that can be tailored to your unique requirements. For example, to reduce the calories of your smoothie, you can use almond milk, coconut water or even water instead of dairy milk. Or if you would like to increase the protein content of your breakfast, you can add a protein powder to your morning smoothies.
💡 Healthy breakfast ideas for the whole family
Whether you're making a healthy breakfast on the go or if you want to learn how to make a quick healthy breakfast option for your toddlers or teens, these healthy breakfast ideas will cover all bases. All of these are gluten free healthy breakfast
For a healthy breakfast on the go:
- Superfood smoothie with banana, avocado, spinach, blueberries, hemp seeds and almond butter
- Superfood bircher muesli or porridge from Craft Breakfast
For a healthy breakfast without eggs:
- Homemade granola with oats, activated buckwheat, nuts, seeds, coconut and honey (optional)
- Vegan banana pancakes topped with coconut yoghurt, berries (fresh of frozen) and a drizzle of nut butter
- Scrambled tofu cooked with onions, garlic, mushrooms, turmeric, cumin and smoked paprika
For a healthy breakfast with eggs:
- Scrambled eggs with mixed herbs, mushroom and spinach
- Poached eggs with leafy greens, avocado and salmon